Hi! First off, I’m sorry for being gone so long! The time flew by, and its honestly a blur of homework, coursework and revision… or at least an attempt at revising content. I promised myself that I would dedicate time to this blog and I’m hoping to keep this promise. So without further babbling and time wasting, lets get on with this amazing tag!
Thank you to Raven and Beez for tagging me! They are awesome bloggers and use the cutest rating system when reviewing books. If that doesn’t have you running off searching for their blog, here’s the link at Raven and Beez I feel honoured that I was recognised even though I’m just starting out. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! All the hearts <3<3<3<3
The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their blog
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Answer the 10 questions sent to you
- Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
Raven & Beez’s Questions
1. What is your favourite reading spot?
90% of the time, you’ll find me on my bed, reading till I tire out of my sitting/lying position. When that happens I hunt down some food and continue reading on one of the many couches in the living room.
2. How old were you when you realised that you loved books?
I was a tween when I discovered my love for reading. I remember taking frequent trips down to the library and once I turned 15, I took a break from reading till after my 16th birthday. I started avidly reading again in Autumn 2014. *sigh* good ol’ days.
3. Would you rather learn magic to save the world or some kind of fighting technique (if so, which one)?
This is easy. I’d learn how to karate chop my enemies into nothing…is that possible? (please say yes!)
4. Unicorn or Pegasus?
PE-GA-SUS! PE-GA-SUS! PE-GA-SUS!
5. Which book made you cry so much that you exhausted your feelings reserve?
Well, Me Before You certainly made me cry a lot…so did We Were Liars. But…I read those books last year. In terms of this year, Pivot Point and Maybe Someday certainly made my cry till I felt a headache come on. (It still hurts)
6. Favourite Marvel hero & Favourite Marvel villain?
Deadpool. I don’t care if he’s an anti hero…he’s awesome. But I will forever love Rogue from the X-Men…I’ve loved her since X-Men Evolution. In terms of villain…I guess Loki. He’s the best. Charming, calculating and… hot. That’s right, I love Loki. 😉
7. Do you read books in one sitting (or in two days) often? Do you like reading in one sitting or in one or two days? Normally, over how many days do you read a book? How many days would you like to read a book in, on a regular basis?
There’s many books that I’ve read in one sitting, such as Maybe Someday, We Were Liars & The Accident Season. Also, Cinder and Fairest. These are books that no matter how much I told myself to put it down and do SOMETHING else. Unfortunately, that’s impossible. I do enjoy taking my time and reading a book over the course of 3-4 days. Generally, I read 1 or 2 books a week, if I have school. In an ideal world, I’d read 3-4 books a week. ONLY, and I repeat ONLY for the sake of bringing down my TBR pile.
8. How do you dress at home?
I lounge around in my house, wearing this cotton, long dress thing (I’m Somali, and we refer to it as a Baati) In the winter seasons, I wear woolly jumpers and cardigans.
9. Do your parents read? Which genre? Do they read books you recommend? Do you tell your parents in detail about the books you read and discuss your feeling with them? Do your parents still read out loud to you?
My parents don’t read. If anything, they read bits of non-fiction text and the newspaper. That’s it. I read aloud to my 14yr old sister because she’s not a reader but states, and I quote “I like it when YOU read” I once read half of P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han to her. Suffice to say, I ended up with a sore, dry throat.
10. What non-fiction subject would you read a book on? Biology, self help, politics, biography, economics….?
I love History. I love Religion. And I actually enjoy Sociology & Psychology. I’d read a book on any of them.
- What genre do you read the most?
- What are the top 5 books on your TBR (to be read) pile?
- When did you first start reading?
- If you had the choice to live the life of any of your favourite characters, whose life would you live and why?
- Where do you get the majority of your books from?
- The first book boyfriend that comes to mind
- What is one book you would recommend to everyone?
- Favourite childhood stories
- What is your most anticipated book of 2016?
- Which book would you like to see turned into a movie?
@thosedarkbooks @fictionxtea @aloofbooks
Farah & Laila at: @lailatarek147
These are some awesome people who’s blogs and Instagram you should go and check out!
See you on the other side of the book! 🙂